1017 FOURTH AVENUE / Kiteley-Dodd House – built ca. 1903
The Kiteley-Dodd House was built between 1903 and 1910 at 1017 Fourth Avenue. Ralph Kiteley, son of John Arnette Kiteley, came to Longmont with his parents in 1879. Ralph owned and operated the Longmont Hardware Store and at one time had a Nash auto agency there. During the 1930’s Guy and Florence Dodd owned the home. Guy was the son of Alva and Della Gould Dodd (Della was reported to have been the first white child born in the Left Hand Valley). 5 The Victorian styled residence was also home to George M. Shaffer, a superintendent of the Great Western Sugar Company factory in Longmont and Ann Biggs, a third grade teacher at Mountain View school.